Working with and protecting the natural
environment is paramount in all aspects of our business.
By employing certified organic principles in both our farming and
processing operations, we commit to enhancing soil fertility,
minimising pollution and conserving natural resources, thereby
contributing to a sustainable future. The use of artificial
chemicals, fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides, as well as
genetically modified organisms, is prohibited.
As a member of the Land for Wildlife
conservation scheme, we commit to caring for the native flora and
fauna on our farm, along with forest regeneration, conservation of
our wetlands, increasing biodiversity and creation of wildlife
We operate our own Environmental Management System as a
Best Farms member of the Blackwood
Basin catchment group working toward sustainable management of the
Blackwood Valley catchment.
In supporting the above commitments, we strive to achieve the
- Continued improvement in soil fertility by addition of
compost produced on-farm,
addition of trace elements and organic
together with soil testing, green manuring and crop rotation.
- Efficient management of our water resources in order to
conserve our supplies,
prevent salinity and preserve our
- Increased biodiversity from planting a wide variety of
crops, trees and other plants,
together with developing
additional wildlife habitats.
- Minimised environmental impact from energy use, waste
disposal and pollution.
- Compliance with environmental legislation.
- Communication of our commitments to our employees,
contractors and customers.
- Continuous improvement in adherence to our commitments.
CARING FOR OUR ENVIRONMENT AND OUR FUTURE